Gluten intolerant? Vegetarian? Both? Here’s a hearty lasagne that ticks both boxes. Make this healthy, gluten-free, vegetarian lasagne for the whole family (or keep it all to yourself 😉 )
You might just like this lasagne more than the original beef mince version!
- 250 ml green lentils
- Vegetable stock
- 2 carrots
- 1 large beetroot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ red onion
- ½ red chilli
- 500ml passata/chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp liquid vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- 6 gluten free lasagna pieces
- 150g mozzarella
- 150g feta cheese
- Fresh basil
- Set oven to 225 C.
- Boil lentils with water and vegetable stock until they are soft (25 – 30 min).
- Grate carrots and beetroot. Finely chop onion, garlic and chilli.
- Fry the carrots, beetroot, onion, garlic and chilli with plenty of olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Pour in tomatoes, lentils with vegetable stock, rosemary and oregano.
- Pour in lentils. Mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large baking dish, add layers of sauce and lasagne pieces. Spread mozzarella and feta over each layer.
- Add more cheese and fresh basil to the top layer.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes.
- Serve with a glass of red wine on the side.