Pumpkin and sweet potato soup is the perfect Autumn or early Winter weekend lunch recipe. Also works great as an appetizer.
- 20g butter
- 1 thinly sliced leek
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 small chilli (deseeded, chopped)
- 800g pumpkins (peeled, diced)
- 800g sweet potatoes (peeled, diced)
- 5 gluten free vegetable stock cubes
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves or parsley (chopped)
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Add leek, cumin, cinnamon and chilli. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft.
- Add the sweet potato and pumpkin and stir thoroughly.
- Add vegetable stock, cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove pan from heat.
- Add salt, pepper, coriander or parsley.
- Serve with gluten free pita bread, or regular gluten free bread, and cream cheese.