It can be difficult finding a good gluten free bread in the shops. That’s why it defintiely be worthwhile baking your own, using a gluten free bread mix as a flour base to make life easier. Try this recipe, and experiment with different seeds for texture and flavour.
- 500 g gluten free fibre bread mix / gluten free dark flour
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 50 g linseeds
- 50 g sesame seeds
- ½ packet dry yeast
- 400 – 500 ml full fat milk
- Pour all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Heat the milk to finger temperature. Set the oven to bake at 200 C.
- Pour the warm milk over the dry ingredients. Mix thoroughly. Add more flour or milk if needed. The dough should be very sticky.
- Grease a bread baking form. Pour in the dough and smooth it out in the form. Finish with a layer of seasame seeds on top.
- Cover with a cloth and leave to rise for 20 minutes.
- Bake at the bottom of the over for about 40 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool covered with a tea towel before you slice it. Tastes even better as toast.