- Eggs (I used about 4 whole eggs)
- Egg Whites (I used about a cup and a half of liquid egg whites.).
- 1 package of Al Fresco sausage, casing removed and chopped into bite size pieces.
- If you choose, a type of cheese or veggie or whatever other ingredient. This one was just egg and sausage.
- Dried Herbs de Provence, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and mist some liquid coconut oil or olive oil into a cast iron or some other oven safe skillet. Cast iron is cheap, lasts forever, and makes a wicked weapon. Get one.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Combine your eggs/egg whites in a bowl, and whisk together for a little froth. My Mom always added a little water to our eggs, so I do too. No idea if that actually makes them fluffier, but that is what I was told as a child. Don’t kill my fantasy.
- Add your sea salt, herbs, and pepper to taste.
- Add in your sausage and whatever other ingredients you like and combine until evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and let it cook until is looks “set” (give it the jiggle test-it will jiggle in the middle but not the sides.)
- Using an oven mitt (the handle is hot, don’t forget that bit as I have) slide the skillet into the preheated oven, and let it cook about 10-20 minutes or so until it is jiggle-free and golden brown.
- Serve with a salad and say yum! Brinner!!
If you’re new here, welcome! You may want to check out Gluten Free and Fit 101 and my 5 Tips for Living Gluten Free and Fit here.