The idea of this recipe is the same as using a nut butter to make a cookie. I decided I wanted to cut down on the fat content per cookie (even though it’s a healthy fat, again-calories matter) and substituted coconut flour for some of the coconut cream.
- 2 TBSP egg whites, or 2 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup Stevia in the Raw granular (measures like sugar)
- 4 oz unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (plus a handful)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat Stevia and egg whites together, then add eggs until mixed well
- Add coconut cream concentrate, vanilla, and baking soda, mix well
- Slowly add in coconut flour until incorporated
- add chocolate chips and fold in
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes until golden brown. Don’t forget to use parchment paper on your cookie sheets.
These. Were. Yum.
These also freeze well. This recipe makes quite a bit, and I froze about half the batch. I took them out yesterday, left them thaw and they were perfect.