Gluten free, carrot cake muffins anyone? 🙂 Here’s a new spin on an old favourite. These muffins are easy to bake and taste amazing!
This is a base recipe, ready for you to add your own personal touch. Try experimenting with different spices, raisins, pineapple etc.
- 2 eggs
- 50g buttermilk
- 200g sugar
- 190g sunflower oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g fresh carrot, grated
- 60g shredded coconut
- 250g buckwheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine the eggs, buttermilk, sugar, oil and vanilla in a bowl and beat with a hand held mixer for a couple of minutes until properly combined.
- Add in the coconut and carrot. Beat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Beat. Add it to the wet ingredients and beat until combined.
- Set your oven to 165C. Fill muffins forms. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before icing.
- 200g cream cheese
- 50g unsalted butter, room temp
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp honey
- 50g walnuts, chopped & roasted
- Combine the ingredients together in a bowl, and beat on high speed with a mixer until the mix is light, fluffy and creamy.
- Ice the muffins carefully. Top with a sprinkle of roasted walnuts.