This is not a revolutionary green smoothie recipe, it’s pretty basic. However, it packs in a lot of nutrition, a lot of greens, and it’s tasty. It’s a winner in our house. I’ve pinned a bunch of green smoothie recipes on my cleverly named “Green Smoothie/Juice stuff” board on Pinterest, so feel free to take a look and see what tickles your fancy. There are a ton of great ideas out there.
- 8 oz cold filtered water
- 2 big handfuls of baby spinach (maybe 3)
- Juice of half a lemon
- one apple, cored
- Half a medium cucumber
- 2 medium carrots (peels on)
- If needed, 3-5 drops of Now Foods Liquid Stevia
- Chop your apple and veg into big chunks.
- Add to blender. Blend.
- Serve (this is 2 servings for us-one for each of us).
- Feel virtuous and healthy 🙂
Be happy that there’s several servings of veggies in that one glass (or shaker bottle.)