Gluten Free Protein Powder Reviews and Recommendations (or not!)
Protein powder. It can be so useful, so tasty, so convenient! It can also be completely vile tasting, or worse, make us sick due to cross-contact or hidden gluten. This page is for us all to share our experiences with protein powders, so we can learn from each other and hopefully spare ourselves from wasting money on a product that is nasty.
Please, please be aware that reformulations do occur, so always check labels prior to ingesting any product. If in doubt, contact the company directly.
Here’s what to do
- Leave a comment below indicating the brand of protein, flavor, and quick summary of the nutrition facts if you have the label handy. Please also indicate the gluten status-if you’ve contacted the company please include that information, if there’s a gluten free label, no gluten containing ingredients, etc. Whatever is applicable.
- Add your review: How was the flavor, the consistency, the mixability? Would you purchase it again? Feel free to use a 1-10 scale if you would like.
Of course, taste is individual, and what one person finds delicious another may find revolting-but I’m hoping that this will give us a good starting point.
Here are a couple I’ve done
- General overview of gluten and dairy free protein powder types
- True Protein Gemma and Rice protein powder-dutch chocolate flavor
- Labrada Nutrition Products
- Gluten Free offerings from Muscle Milk
- Gaspari Nutrition products, and a not-so-great answer from BSN (who since the time of this post has revised their labeling and now reveal gluten containing ingredients on some products)
- Rockwell Nutrition-Gluten and Dairy Free Supplement Options
Bring the reviews! I will be adding more as well. 🙂