Gluten Free for the Holidays, and we conjugate our own verbs around here – Glutened
How is it almost Thanksgiving?!? Really?!
I am the chief cook and bottle washer for Thanksgiving, so fortunately I have the POWER!!
(If you are approximately my age, you will get the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe reference. If not, enjoy the kitteh at least.)
There is a metric ton of great information being shared out there in the gluten free world about staying safe this holiday season, and making some kick ass recipes while you’re at it.
So here’s a quick and dirty low down on some of the info.
There is definitely more out there that I am not hitting, so be sure to click the links at each of these resources for some more great stuff.
- Amy at Simply Sugar and Gluten Free has posted about being Healthier Through the Holidays and given some great tips for healthier holiday baking.
- Shirley at Gluten Free Easily shares a compilation of what some of us do when we get “glutened” AKA our intestines/neurons/etc get attacked by the gluten nasties. (Yes, we’ve taken a noun and turned it into a verb. Gluten is a versatile word that way, at least in the gluten free community. Kind of like another word in the English language, one I am fond of using creatively from time to time, especially when I get glutened. I will not write it here, as it is not safe for all ages and I love ALL my readers, of all age groups. But if you are so inclined, it was made famous by John Cleese. The meaning of the word…I’m sure you can find it 😉 )
- Shirley is also planning an absolutely awesome gfe holiday event from Thanksgiving through Christmas. There will be recipes, giveaways, tips, and one big prize at the end. What do we love? PRESENTS!!
You’ll get them at Home for the Holidays, Gluten Free Style. Be sure to check in over at gfe for the details!
- Heidi, the Adventurous Gluten Free Mom, posted an epic guide to having the best gluten free Thanksgiving.
- Wendy, ordinarily of Celiacs in the House, posted a Guide for Enjoying a Safe Gluten Free Holiday Season over at Diets in Review.
- Kim at Gluten Free Is Life posted Holidays and How to Survive Part 1 and Part 2
- My other Kim at Cook IT Allergy Free wrote a massive Thanksgiving Prep Series. Seriously folks, this is the mother lode. Shopping lists, recipes, the whole 9. 9 yards, that is.
That’s it for now! Go forth and be healthy, happy, and as wise as you need to be, but cut loose from time to time.