Fitness Trackers, also known as wearables, are attractive customizable wrist watch straps or clothing clip-on that function as activity trackers. These devices help boost not only multi-sport options but at times, smartphone caller ID, Calendar and text display functions. Fitness Trackers are of various designs and shapes and their functions range from health, social, business, to fitness functions.
There is no doubt that lack of exercise or inactivity leads to numerable health and personal concerns like obesity, low work output, chronic and acute disorders among other factors. Contrarily, regular exercise and good diet routine can reverse the above disorders and malfunctions if strictly adhered to. Walking, running, and possibly fidgeting at your seat can help alleviate one’s overall well being.
The fitness tracker is one of the most common means to keep track of your progress in the health and fitness functions.
Fitness Trackers have features and that provide important benefits of fitness as follow:
- It has an algorithm which detects steps by equating the reading of the accelerometer to the distance the user traveled and determine activity level and energy burnt in terms of calorie. Healthy range is about 10,000 steps per day or more.
- The sensor in front of the LED Monitor fluctuates as light is transmitted through one’s finger. This in turn, is an index of your heart beat which should be in the range of 60 – 100 beats per minutes (i.e. – pulse rate).
- The heart rate monitor in the device calculates the variation in beat-to-beat intervals and a high variability indicates good health and high level of fitness which ranges from 18 – 44% while you are resting.
- The pulse oximeter detects the light absorbed by the hemoglobin to check the amount of oxygen that is circulating in the blood. This helps an athlete to know whether they have full recovery from a workout (95 – 99% gives a healthy range).
- An attached thermometer touching the skin reads the surface temperature of the individual. Excessive rise or drop in temperature could be an early warning signs of sickness, although this will be impacted by the current activity level. A healthy range is between 97.6 – 99.6 degree Fahrenheit.
- A sensitive 3-D accelerometer detects minimal body movements during the night. When, in combination with a continuous heart rate monitor, it provides an estimated idea of sleep stages – light, deep, and REM (Eight (8) hours of sleep is suggested).
- It also measures the glycemic index of an individual (i.e. – blood sugar) by estimating the glucose in the skin using the infra-red light or low power radio waves. For diabetics, this reading is similar to the pinprick option and for all persons, it reveals the effect of diet intake to health 80 – 140 mg/dl is a healthy range).
Other Features of Fitness Trackers
Many recognize and record selected exercises like walking, running, biking, elliptical, and swimming, to name a few, to ensure a satisfying level of active moments throughout the day. This will be a tell-tale sign of reaching your target.
Some types of Fitness Trackers when used for high-movement sports like tennis, basketball, football are automatically recognized. Aerobic workouts with continuous movement, such as Zumba, cardio-kickboxing, and other dance classes, are also recorded.
Fitness trackers have bought and shown the importance of physical activity to our health. Using it makes monitoring of one’s health part of a lifestyle. Some have a feature that reminds one to stand up and walk around on an hourly basis. This with time, gets one attuned to the regular exercises of choice.
It is estimated that the annual smart wearable healthcare market volume will grow from $2 billion in 2014 to $41 billion in 2020, a compound annual growth rate of 65%.
Over 80% of users reported an important benefit of fitness trackers technology as potential to making healthcare more convenient.
68% of consumers would wear employer-provided wearables streaming anonymous data to an information pool in exchange for lower health insurance costs.
The wearable strap market grew by 684% on a worldwide basis in the first half of 2014 compared with the first half of 2013.
Today, 1 in 5 American’s own some type of wearable technology. If you would like to see some options in wearables, we have several on our Associates store where you will find valuable customer reviews: GFF Associates Store
In conclusion, fitness trackers are great activity trackers, which are supported by fantastic applications and with some having desktop dashboard, as well as an eco-system of competition with friends, collaborative challenges, badges and rewards to keep you motivated. Fitness Tracker is a colorful display of fun while some manufactures provide stylish designs that blend in with your watch or jewelry, and its fitness application is a good start to begin a health life. The Future is of course bright for Fitness Tracker Technology.